Thursday, November 20, 2008

Finally, I may be Getting Better

So for the past month I've been stuck in medical hell. It's a Kafkaesque place where people's true motives and feelings are hard to discern, events happen seemingly at random at all times of day and night, there is no regular progression of time, and you're confined to a small room and adjacent hallway from which you cannot leave, though the ramifications of trying to do so are never made clear. In fact, I may have been taking part in a more cerebral variation of the Stanford prison experiments. I wish I'd gotten to be a nurse instead of a patient.

I was back in the hospital here in Indy again this week, though thankfully they were finally able to get to the root of my post-surgical infection. Suffice it to say it was very rare and the drugs that treat it are very expensive. I am feeling weak still, but my mental clarity has returned after a month wandering the desert. I played the first halfway decent game since I got out of the hospital today, so I thought I'd post it as a return to blogging.

Post-Surgical Thrillness.pgn


Not a perfect game by any means, but it was fun. I'll be moving to Florida soon, so if you live in the Miami-Fort Lauderdale area and a tall thin B-class guy in his 20s who knows a lot of theory starts showing up at your club, ask him if he has a chess blog.

One final note, congrats to Ben Inskeep on winning the U2100 section of the King's Island Open. I think I speak for everyone when I say "Give me some of your money to help pay my medical bills".

Seriously, congrats.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Good to hear that you are feeling better! Give me a call before make the escape to a more tolerable climate.

transformation said...

the depth of your heart is beautiful. my heart goes out to you.

deep and solemn respect.

warmly, dk

ps, the most brilliant man i ever knew, told me Kafka was deeply underestimated, and had the utmost respect for him, directing me to the interlinial english-german (dont read latter, but pretty to view!) edition of Parables and Paradoxes, saying:

'Kafka--he is SO WISE!!'