Thursday, August 28, 2008

Chess Tattoos

Okay, this is posted by the man who got it at chessloser.wordpress.com, but I just felt the need to pass it on. I wouldn't do this, but if it's not going to cost you a promotion then why the hell not?

I did once try to get Garrett to get a tattoo of Lev Polugaevsky, but he wouldn't do it. Then I tried to get Nate to get Mikhail Tal on his ass, but he didn't think it was such a great idea. Maybe it wasn't. Lots of things sound cooler than they really are outside of the Motel 6 in Dayton.

What about game scores? If I guy came up to me at a tournament and was like 'I have the Evergreen game tattooed on my ass', then I'd have to be a little impressed (as long as he didn't ask if I wanted to go see it in the bathroom). It wouldn't be that huge of a tattoo, unless you had this game:

arsovic_nikolic_1989.pgn


Yes, that is the longest official game ever, played when FIDE briefly suspended the 50 move rule. That would be like your whole back, leaving no room for that sweetass tat of Issac Boleslavsky I know you're planning.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Mikhail Tal with crazy eyes would be way cooler than a bishop. I also think that you should be crazy good (atleast IM strength) to get a chess tat. Other wise it's kinda sad.. sorta like getting a tattoo of Natalie Portman when you don't even know her or have a chance with her.

Polly said...

I did not play that whole game out. It took long enough to load once I opened the chess board.

No tats for this queen!

Anonymous said...

Nice tattoo
At least it is chess